I. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These general Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions” or “T&C”) shall be valid for all betting games offered by Betin Uganda (a company duly organized under the laws of Uganda, with business registration BN 217434.
2. Betin Uganda shall offer betting services through various channels not limited to POS, SMS, USSD hereon referred to as ‘the service”.
3. By using the service you are bound by the following terms and conditions:
• The General Terms and Conditions;
• The Live Betting Rules;
• The General Sport Betting Rules;
• The General Casino Betting Rules;
• Any terms and conditions and/or rules concerning bonuses, promotions and special offers which may be advertised in any part of our website;
• Any further terms and conditions contained in any of the software which you may download in order to be able to use the services we provide.
5. The Terms and Conditions contained herein represent the complete, final and exclusive agreement between the Customer and the Company and supersede and merge all prior agreements, representations and understandings.
6. By using the service the Customer confirms that he/she has reached the age of 18 or such legal age as he/she must have reached under the laws governing betting that are applicable to him/her. Irrespective of national regulations concerning the legal age, however, Betin Uganda does not accept any Users under the age of 18. Betin Uganda reserves the right to verify any Customer’s statement of age and to exclude Customers from its services, if there are any doubts regarding the attainment of the minimum age required. Any Customer using our services, who is identified as underage, shall have all his winnings forfeited and his/her (betting) account (hereinafter referred to as the “Account” shall be blocked immediately.
7. Non-Commercial, non-professional purposes: the Customer´s interest in using the service is of a personal nature, and is to be used purely for personal entertainment. Any commercial and professional interest is discarded.
8. Betin Uganda does not warrant the constant availability and functionality of all or any products offered by Betin Uganda. Betin Uganda may not be held liable and will be held harmless by the Customer for any damages, losses, costs, loss of profits or any other disadvantage a Customer may incur in connection with any disconnection from or the non-availability of any of the products offered by Betin Uganda for whatever reason.
9. Betin Uganda cannot be held liable in any case for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by the service or by its contents or by the contents provided by a third party, unless they are based on intentional or gross negligence.
10. Betin Uganda shall not be liable if the Customer is unable to place a bet due to congestion on the sms system or any other electronic communication media used for the purposes of betting.
11. All indicated dates and times are based on EAT (East Africa Time) unless stipulated otherwise.
14. The betting service is available in Ugandan shilling (UGX) only.
2. If you consider any amend carried out to be intolerable, you may cease using the service.
III. MANAGING AN ACCOUNT
1. Each Customer who wants to have access to services and products offered by Betin Uganda must open a betting Account. By opening a Betin Uganda account and by placing a bet, the User warrants that he/she has reached the minimum legal age for participation. In addition by opening a Betin Uganda account and by placing a bet, the User confirms that he or she retains the legal capacity to enter into an agreement with the Company. If one of these conditions is not respected the User’s account will be closed and all other necessary measures will be implemented.
3. It is prohibited for Customers to buy, sell or transfer accounts to other Customers.
4. When a new account is opened the Customer is responsible for the accuracy and up-to-datedness of all the personal information and contact details provided, including name and date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Betin Uganda reserves the right to close the Account when the information provided is deemed to be false or inaccurate.
6. Every Customer may only open one account with us. Betin Uganda retains the right to close the betting account of any Customer who has opened multiple betting accounts under his/her name or under different names. If we have reasonable grounds to believe that multiple betting accounts (also under different names) have been opened with the intention of defrauding the Company, we retain the right to cancel any transaction related to the said fraud attempt.
7. After opening an account the Customer must keep username, password and/or account number a secret. All transactions where your username and password and /or account number have been entered correctly will be regarded as valid whether or not they have been authorized by the registered Account holder. Any account registration will be subject to KYC processes. The Company shall not be liable for any claims in the event that the Player gives away, tells, shares or loses his/her username, password or account number.
9. In accordance with the legal period of warranty requested by law all the personal details saved in our system will only be deleted at your express request after the expiration of the respite period of seven (7) years.
12. Customer is not allowed to transfer funds from his/her Account to other Users or to receive money from other Users into his Account, or to transfer, sell and/or acquire, user accounts.
13. If a Customer does not access his Account by “logging in” using his Account name and security details for any period of six calendar months, his account shall be deemed to be “Inactive”.
IV. DEPOSITS AND WITHDRAWALS
1. The Customer has the possibility to increase the credit balance of his Account with one of the payment methods made available by Betin Uganda. The Customer can similarly withdraw the residual credit balance using the same payment method provided upon registration, or any other payment method adopted subsequently by the customer once the full and appropriate verification has been completed. (Mobile Money).
2. Betin Uganda only provides two modes of payment when operating a Betin Customer Account which are Bank transfers and Mobile Money Transfers (Transactions). As a holder of a Betin Uganda Account, you may make deposits into or withdrawals from your account which may incur the standard Mobile Money and Bank charges . Withdrawals will only be remitted to the same payment mode/method from which funds paid into the customer (player’s) account originated. Withdrawals will not be authorized if it appears that the transaction to be made defeats the purpose for which this section is/was intended.
3. In order to perform any transaction Betin Uganda may undertake any such verification checks as may be required by ourselves or by third parties (including, but not limited to, regulatory bodies) to confirm the legal ownership and the origin of the money implicated, the identity of the applicant and to comply with the relevant Anti Money Laundering Provisions.
4. In order to withdraw your money, you will be requested to send us a copy of your ID (front/rear). Whenever a transaction is made through bank transfer, the first withdrawal request will be processed only after a security check has been performed. In such instances you may be required to supply the following papers together with the ID, in order to comply with our security policies:
• A copy of an official document showing your billing address if it differs from the one registered in the ID;
• Any other document that may be relevant in order to complete the check.
Full compliance with our requests will speed up the verification process.
6. Payouts handled manually through an ordinary bank transfer are processed within 5 banking days. However the Customer acknowledges that we are at the mercy of the banks and Payment service providers in this regard and cannot do anything to speed up this process. Betin Uganda reserves the right to carry out additional verification procedures for pay-outs exceeding certain amount, or when there is a suspicion of misuse of accounts or money laundering.
Please note that additional carrier fees apply when processing withdrawal requests to your account.
7. The Customer agrees not to attempt any charge-backs, reversals or otherwise cancel any deposit previously made in his/her Account. Whenever any such event should occur the Customer commits to refund Betin Uganda for the unpaid deposits and for possible expenses resulting from the recollection of the misplaced money.
8. Betin Uganda will hold the funds deposited in the Account as trustee for the Customer and not as his/her banker or debtor. Accordingly, there will be no obligation on the part of Betin Uganda to repay money to the Customer as his/her debtor.
9. Betin Uganda reserves the right to limit or to refuse bets.
10. Funds deposited in the Account, as well as winnings or other amounts not yet credited, shall not attract any interest.
11.Deposits made to the customer’s account shall not be withdrawn if no bets have been placed, unless the withdrawal is coupled with an intention to close the account. The money deposited on the Betin customer Account shall be used for the sole purpose of placing bets.
11(a).Once a customer places a bet on any of the Betin products and wins, the money used to place the bet and the amount won will be credited back onto the account BUT the customer will only be allowed to withdraw the winnings (stake + net win).
V. LEGAL USE OF THE WEBSITE AND OF ITS COMPONENTS
1. Under no circumstances shall the Website be used for any purpose different from personal entertainment without our express consent. Betin Uganda is not liable for any attempts to use the services offered by means or ways not intended by us.
3. Any action aimed to interfere with the normal functioning of the website including, but not limited to, releasing or propagating viruses, worms or logic bombs or similar is strictly prohibited and will be pursued to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. The repeated placement of the same bet may be considered as an attempt to elude our controls and may result in the voidance of the repeated bet(s) as well as in the closure of the game account, even after said bets have been settled.
5. Betin Uganda reserves the right to restrict access to certain parts of the Website and to certain services offered, including, but not limited to Live Betting, Live Chat and Internal Messaging system.
6. Betin Uganda may at any time and without previous notice, remove or amend any product offered via the Website, as well as alter available prices where such alterations do not affect bets already in progress.
7. Under some circumstances Betin Uganda may provide its Customers with software designed internally or by third parties in order to optimize the functioning of the Website or to benefit from additional services. In such circumstances the Customer may be asked to accept further Terms and Conditions related to the utilization of the new component. Any attempt to interfere with, modify or reverse engineer any software provided is strictly prohibited.
8. Betin Uganda is not liable for any possible IT failures caused by the electronic equipment used by the Customer while accessing the Website or for faults due to the internet service provider used by the Customer while accessing the Website.
9. Betin Uganda also assumes no liability for correctness, completeness or up-to-dateness of the information services provided neither for the accuracy of livescores, statistics and intermediate results available in our website.
VI. LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE AND FROM OUR WEBSITE
1. The Customer may link to our home page, provided he does so in a website owned by him/her, and in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Links may not be established in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, sponsorship or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
2. Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by our partners or other third parties, these links are provided for information only and we do not make any representations regarding the accuracy and reliability of contents available on such third party websites. We have no control over the contents of those websites and therefore accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from their utilization.
VII. BONUSES/ PROMOTIONS
1. The Bonus Conditions form part of the General Terms and Conditions.
3. Betin Uganda reserves the right to deny admission or to terminate admission to any of the bonuses, promotions and/or special offerings, as well as to modify, suspend or discontinue their validity at its sole discretion and without informing the Customer.
4. All bonuses and promotional offers are subject to the terms and conditions made available when communicating the bonus offer. If groups of customers acting in collusion or as a syndicate or individual customers who register several times, set up fictitious accounts or use front men attempting to rig bonus offers, Betin Uganda reserves the right to call in any bonus payments granted, cancel any winnings made with these bonus offers, refuse to pay out any amounts requested and close accounts. Betin Uganda reserves the right to terminate or change a bonus offer at any time. Furthermore, Betin Uganda takes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the contents of the information services, including, but not limited to the result notifications delivered via email and SMS. Likewise, all data in the live scores, statistics and intermediate results of the live betting product are subject to change. For further information about the rules concerning promotion/bonus offers, please refer to the respective rules.
VIII. COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
1. If you wish to make a complaint or a suggestion regarding the Company, the Website or the services offered, as a first step you should contact our Customer Services or send us an email through email@example.com. As second step, the complaint shall be assigned to an advisor that will manage to provide you with the appropriate response. Same as provided further under clause 3, should the complaint not be resolved as expected by you, a response shall be provided to you through internal message or email by the Customer Service Advisor who will report the final decision to you.
2. All claims and suggestions should be forwarded to the Customer Service in written form via internal message, fax, mail or e-mail. No complaints with regard to the acceptance, settlement or resettlement of a bet will be heard by us if they are not raised through our Customer Services within 30 days from the event occurrence which the bet related to occurred.
3. Offensive or rude language, as well as malicious or damaging comments, will not be tolerated while contacting our staff or while discussing our products and services in any media, social network or forum. Any infringement of this policy will result in a suspension of the Account or in every additional action as may be required in order to ensure compliance.
1. In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms and Conditions or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy in respect of the circumstances in question, or operate so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently.
1. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
2. In such instances, the part declared invalid or unenforceable shall be amended in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as closely as possible, Betin Uganda’s original intent.
XI. RESPONSIBLE GAMING
1. We believe in Responsible Gaming and take our responsibility in this matter seriously. Gambling should be an exciting pastime, and we urge our Customers to have fun, but not bet beyond their means. Betin Uganda is committed to endorsing responsible wagering among its Customers as well as promoting the awareness of problem gambling and improving prevention, intervention and treatment.
2. We undertake any effort in order to ensure your pleasant online gaming experience while playing with Betin Uganda, keeping full awareness of the financial harms associated with problem gambling. With regard to the purposes pointed out herewith, we do strongly suggest our Customers to try keeping clearly separate gambling from his/her daily activities; try establishing affordable deposit limits; try considering the lasting time of each gambling session before its commencing; not to understand gambling as an alternative source of income or a way to recoup debt;
3. At any time the Customer may request to our Customer Service temporary or permanent self-exclusion from part or all of our services as well as the closure of his/her account. We will use all our reasonable endeavours to ensure compliance with self-exclusion; however you accept that we are not liable if you manage to by-pass our security measures in circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control.
4. The Customer may as well request to our Customer Service to activate deposit limits on his/her account, or to modify the existing ones. Betin Uganda provides its users with the facilities to set their own limit on deposits on a daily, weekly or a monthly basis. We will use all our reasonable endeavours to ensure the effective enforcement of the deposit limits; however you accept that we are not liable if you manage to by-pass our security measures in circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control. Revocation of previously self-imposed limit shall come into effect only after seven days after the Company has received the request of Revocation.
XII. APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE OF JURISDICTION
1. Any bet placed by the Customer shall be governed by the applicable provisions of the [specific Ugandan constitution Act to be filled in here] and any Regulations and Rules made in terms thereof, as amended from time to time. It shall be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that he/she is aware of these provisions.
3. If the Customer places of a bet from a location falling outside Uganda, such bet shall be subject to all appropriate exchange control regulations and the laws of the foreign jurisdiction from which such communication originates and it shall be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure full compliance with same. Betin Uganda makes no warranties and shall not be liable to the Customer if it is not able to remit any monies held by it to any account held by the Customer in a foreign jurisdiction.
XIII. PALPABLE ERRORS
1. Some circumstances may arise where a bet is confirmed, or a payment is performed, by us in error. The following is a non-exhaustive list of such circumstances:
• Whenever the prices/spreads/terms offered by Betin Uganda are significantly dissimilar from those available in the general market,
• Whenever the prices/spreads/terms offered at the time the bet is placed are clearly wrong given the probability of the forecast occurring,
• Whenever a bet has been erroneously accepted on a market which should have been suspended or removed,
• Where a bet containing incompatible events is accidentally accepted, because of human or technical error,
• Whenever a settlement error is made while computing or crediting the amount of winnings,
• Any other situation that may be referred to as an error.
In all these cases Betin Uganda reserves the right to cancel all the bets accepted containing such an error, or to correct the mistake made re-settling all the bets at the correct prices/spreads/terms that should have been available at the time that the bet was placed in the absence of the error.
2. The Customer has an obligation to inform Betin Uganda as soon as possible of any amount wrongly credited on his/her account. Betin Uganda may at any time set off any positive balance resulting from the erroneous operation, as well as cancel possible bets or transactions made with the erroneously credited funds.
3. Neither we (including our employees or agents) nor our partners or suppliers are liable for any loss resulting from any error made. Bets placed in order to cover flawed bets will stand valid if not impaired by errors.
4. In the event that, due to technical problems, the printed version of a document or of a coupon differs from the web version, the latter shall prevail.
5. In the event of any dispute the Customer agrees that the records of our server shall act as the final authority in determining the outcome of any claim.
Betin Uganda shall have the right prior to accepting any bet, temporarily to suspend or permanently to terminate, the provision of betting services to a Customer without providing any reason.
These General Terms and Conditions are effective from 20/01/2016
First section of the section is loaded upon reaching this category (Rules & Regulations). This template will also be applied to responsible gaming and account.
|Header Text||Header Text|
|Cell Text||Cell Text|
- Unordered List
- Item 1
- level 2 item
- Another Lvl 2 Item
- Item 2
- Third Item
- More items
- Unordered List
- Item 1
- level 2 item
- Another Lvl 2 Item
- Item 2
- Third Item
- More items